Did you know that fluoride could be the reason for causing a whole host of health issues? That it is actually created out of industrial waste from aluminum, fertilizer and steel industries? That it is toxic? In fact, fluoride is a toxic endocrine disruptor that can affect your bones, brain, thyroid gland, pineal gland and even your blood sugar levels – more issues listed below. And…it’s NEVER BEEN APPROVED BY THE FDA to go in water! And ultimately, fluoridating water is mass medicating…
Information Goes Both Ways
As we know, the thing with the internet is that whatever you are looking for – pro or con – the information is available on the internet. There’s research to show that fluoride helps prevent tooth decay. There’s research (and legal cases) citing that it is toxic. Who do you believe? And more to the point – think about who has what to gain in regards to the information and research provided? Information citing the huge amounts of issues that fluoride presents has no financial gain (other than legal battles won – and obviously the evidence would need to be highly substantiated in order to win cases…) in regards to the vast concerns regarding what this chemical by-product is doing to our health.
The Real Winners
Also, know that many research programs are carried out and funded by…big pharma and multi-billion dollar corporations, who have a vested interest in slanting the statistics. Fluoride (as with many, many other products) is a multi-billion dollar industry in itself – from water fluoridation to toothpastes to use in antibiotics.
Ultimately, it is your health and your decision. What we do know is that fluoride is toxic – so toxic, in fact, that in 1984, the makers of Colgate, Procter & Gamble, reportedly admitted that a small tube of their toothpaste “theoretically at least contains enough fluoride to kill a small child”. All we can do is educate ourselves as best as possible! And know 1 thing – just because something is for available, does not by any means make it safe. We have a choice – to be sheep or shepherds, and personally, I like to be educated and make decisions for myself and my family based on my research. And I believe in passing what I learn on to hopefully help others.
Communities Saying No to Fluoride
Since 2010 more than 75 US and Canadian communities have realised that this highly toxic industrial waste product is evil and have voted to end water fluoridation. It’s in our toothpastes, and part of the toxic sprays used on crops as well… The thing is, that there’s no difference in the percentage of tooth decay in countries who have fluoride vs those that don’t.
Check out this video with with attorney Michael Connett with the Fluoride Action Network (FAN) discussing 10 really important facts that everyone needs to know.
Fluoride Can Cause the Following Health Issues
Increased lead absorption
Disrupts synthesis of collagen
Hyperactivity and/or lethargy
Inactivates 62 enzymes and inhibits more than 100
Inhibited formation of antibodies
Bone cancer (osteosarcoma)
Genetic damage and cell death
Lowered thyroid function
Increased tumor and cancer rate
Disrupted immune system
Damaged sperm and increased infertility
Calcification of Pineal Gland – which creates melatonin, ultimately affecting sleep issues
Fluoridation is Not a “Natural” Process
Fluoride added to most water supplies is generally fluorosilicic acid, which is captured in air pollution control devices of the phosphate fertilizer industry. Sodium flouride is a synthetic waste product of aluminum, nuclear and phosphate fertilizer industries. Fluoride damages the kidneys and liver, creates symptoms that mimic fibromyalgia, can lead to cancer and is the perfect Trojan Horse that carries aluminum across the blood brain barrier. Aluminum is recognized as a notorious source of the whole ‘dumbing down’ scenario by lowering IQ’s and Alzheimer’s.
“This captured fluoride acid is the most contaminated chemical added to public water supplies, and may impose additional risks to those presented by natural fluorides. These risks include a possible cancer hazard from the acid’s elevated arsenic content, and a possible neurotoxic hazard from the acid’s ability–under some conditions–to increase the erosion of lead from old pipes.”
Fluoride Supplements Have Never Been Approved by the FDA
The fluoride supplements sometimes prescribed to those who are not drinking fluoridated water have not been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the prevention of tooth decay. In fact, the fluoride supplements that the FDA has reviewed have been rejected. As they have used fluoride as a ‘dietary supplement’, the need for FDA approval has been swerved. More information here in regards to the FDA never approving fluoride this way.
“So with fluoridation, we are adding to the water a prescription-strength dose of a drug that has never been approved by the FDA,” FAN noted.
However… what HAS been approved by the FDA are antibiotics with fluoride in them called fluoroquinonlones. Antibiotics such as Levaquin (levofloxacin), Cipro (ciprofloxacin), Avelox (moxifloxan), Gemifloxain (Factive), Ofloxacin (Floxin) – which are taken by more than 26million Americans each year.
On May 12, 2016 the FDA announced that it requires stronger black box warnings. Meanwhile…there are legal class actions going on for the horrendous side effects these drugs have caused them. These ‘side effects’ (there is no such thing as side effects – they are DIRECT effects) are termed as ‘being floxed’ – and there is correlation between Gulf War Syndrome and Cipro (!!!).
What Can You Do?
There are several things that you can do to reduce your exposure:
1. Find Out If There’s Fluoride in Your Water – If it is, then you should consider looking at getting a water filtration system (which can be a bit costly). Alternatively, the Aquagear water filter filtrates fluoride, as well as lead, mercury and many other lovely goodies…Which Brita, the most popular water filter, doesn’t even come close to touching…In other words, even if your area’s water is fluoride free, definitely invest in a good water filter such as the Aquagear…or actual filtration system.
2. Choose Fluoride Free Toothpaste – There’s a variety available on the market, and I have tried a few that have been really yucky! Euthymol is fluoride-free and been around for many years -but it is still full of other highly concerning (read toxic) ingredients. My vote is in for Australian Tee Tree Oil Whitening Toothpaste. It has a great taste and texture and my mouth feels really fresh and clean after brushing.
3. Refuse Your Child’s School Fluoridation Treatment
4. Refuse to Swish Your Mouth with Fluoride at the Dentist – You know when you are having your teeth cleaned or dental work done? (I will spare you the mercury/amalgam discussion on this blog and save it for another time – that in itself is a whole topic!). Ask for water instead.
5. Avoid Sprayed and Processed Foods – Grape juice, wine, soy and instant tea contain high levels of sodium fluroide, (In other words, go organic…).
6. Say No to Antibiotics with Fluoride – There is already a crackdown going on in regards to overuse of antibiotics which is causing the superbug epidemic. Look at natural alternatives instead of antibiotics as your first course of action and if antibiotics are needed, ask for one that does not have fluroquinolone in it if at all possible.
How to Detox From Fluoride Poisoning
Magnesium & Calcium– Over 80% of the western population is magnesium deficient, and magnesium deficiency in itself causes all sorts of health issues, from aching muscles to headaches and migraines to heart palpitations and IBS. Magnesium inhibits the absorption of fluroide into your cells and calcium seems to attract fluoride away from bones and teeth, allowing your body to eliminate toxins. It’s important not to just buy any magnesium – there are many different kinds and some do nothing other than go straight through your system. For more information, please go here.
Iodine – While too much iodine is linked to hypothyroidism, so is too little. The good thing about iodine is that it increases urine irrigation of sodium fluoride as calcium fluoride. Although it does take some calcium with it (calling for an adjustment in diet or calcium supplementation), iodine and lecithin both remove fluoride from the body.
Zeolite -Zeolites are minerals formed when molten lava contacts water from lakes or ocean. A specific member of the zeolite family of minerals, called clinoptilolite, has a unique honeycomb like structure which has the ability to trap and bind toxins, heavy metals, viral particles, and other impurities so that these substances can be removed from the body. In a liquid form carried by the blood stream zeolites are believed to pass to all parts of the body
Boron – The next time you’re shopping for laundry detergent, scoop up a box of Borax, which contains boron (borax does not mean boric acid). Pour 1/32 of a teaspoon (up to ¼ teaspoon) into a liter of distilled water and sip it throughout the day (yes, this is safe).
Tamarind – Can be made into a tea or a tincture and flushes fluoride out of the body through urination.
Dry Saunas -Intense but safe sweating from heat as well as exercise brings out sodium fluoride from fatty tissues. Just be sure to keep hydrating—with distilled water—and to protect your kidneys with chickweed tea.
Resources to Investigate
There is tons of information about fluoride online – over 300 research studies have been done. Here are a few resources to start with:
- Fluoride Action Network. Dental Fluorosis.
- Schellenberg D, Marks TA, Metzler CM, Oostveen JA, Morey MJ. Lack of effect of fluoride on reproductive performance and development in Shetland sheepdogs. Vet Hum Toxicol. 1990 Aug;32(4):309-14. Erratum in: Vet Hum Toxicol 1990 Dec;32(6):527.
- Fluoride Action Network. Gastrointestinal.
- Martijn W. H. Pinkse, Maarten Merkx, Bruce A. Averill. Fluoride Inhibition of Bovine Spleen Purple Acid Phosphatase: Characterization of a Ternary Enzyme−Phosphate−Fluoride Complex as a Model for the Active Enzyme−Substrate−Hydroxide Complex. Biochemistry. 1999 July 20. 38 (31), pp 9926–9936 DOI: 10.1021/bi990446w
- Michael Connett, Tara Blank PhD. Fluoride & Intelligence: The 36 Studies. Fluoride Action Network. 2012 December 9.
- Fluoride Action Network. Water Fluoridation.
There are many things in this world that happen that are completely out of our control. And there are many other things going on that we assume are ‘safe’ because they are ‘there’ and are being administered by doctors or for sale… whether it is pharmaceutical drugs or the amount of crap that is being pumped into our foods. Educating ourselves and opening our eyes to what is really going on is the first step in taking better control of our health. Fluoride is toxic. It is poison. And it is potentially causing many health issues. However! There are just a few little changes that can be made in regards to kicking it fluoride (and other nasties) out of our lives – ultimately increasing our health and well-being. The choice is up to you. Do your research. Be vigilant. Be a shepherd and not a sheep!